Monday, October 27, 2008

Lost World, Scotts Valley, CA

Here's a pic from 1964 or so, at "Lost World" or "Trees of Mystery" that was located in Scotts Valley, CA, near Santa Cruz. We used to go there a lot as kids because it was near the post office and my aunt lived near there -- and we lived with her when my mom was going to school. it was a fun place. it's no longer there - google it and you'll find some articles about the family that created it. some of the trees are in Gilroy now. i sure do miss it - it would've been a great place to take the kids!

2 comments:

Wayne Thompson said...

Hi Terri;

Thanks for the comments, photo, and memories. My parents Larry & Peggy Thompson and grandparents created the Lost World around Axel Erlandson's Tree Circus. My dad past away just a year after this photo was taken and I grew up in the park while my mom ran the business. Do you have any other photos or recollections? Wayne Thompson

Lynn said...

I too loved the trees of mystery as well as Santa's Village, such an innocent time. My mom and I would stop there on our way to Santa Cruz. Scott's Valley was a magical place for me.
Lynn Tavella