Friday, January 30, 2009

Some Boring Stuff

How did I spend my day yesterday? Well, first I had to go to the county hospital to have my yearly mammogram and was late because there wasn't anywhere to park! They sure didn't make their parking lots convenient for the patients there, just the staff. And then, of course, I get all painfully squished during the procedure - i'm glad it's just once a year!

then, i picked up mama and we went to the post office, and went to eat at La Cabana - our favorite Mexican food dive. No one else makes a good chicken quesadia (sp?) better than this place, except for another place here, but it's downtown and it's hard to find a parking space - but its food is just as good, but a tiny bit more expensive.

Then we went to 2 banks to deposit stuff for the nurses and fanhs, then to Long's drugstore - which has been bought out by CVS Pharmacy. So, now, the coupon book we have for Long's is going to be obsolete and we won't be able to buy the Long's brand of facial scrubs anymore - which were so much cheaper than Buff's, plus we always got them 50% off with the coupons. well, we'll try to stock up before they pull it off the shelves.

went to Safeway and CentroMart for groceries - eggs were only $1.09 a dozen at Centro compared to 1.99 at Safeway, but milk was cheaper at Safeway, as well as soda.

Got back home, put stuff away, then made rice crispy treats and discovered our tablespoon measuring spoon is missing, so just guessed at it. it came out a little bit more gooier than usual, but still tastes good!

Then worked on fanhs treasurer stuff - need to get year-end reports done for our meeting next week.

Watched TV during all of this (while at home, of course) and was wondering why all the Thursday shows were reruns, except for CW shows, which I watched.

Then I watched Burn Notice - you know, I got to shake Bruce Campbell's hand -- TWICE -- at the 2006 Comic Con! Love that show and love the fact that Brucy is on TV again!

Surfed the internet, checked my facebook, gaia, and other stuff - while watching TV. Then read my MacLife magazine until I fell asleep at 3AM.

That's a typical day for me - except for the mammo, thank goodness!

No comments: